Most of the peoples buy toothpaste and other personal products without even knowing about the list of ingredients, and peoples blindly trusting the manufacturer from the TV ads. Most of us don’t know how toothpaste made. Toothpaste contains many harmful chemicals, some that can lead to serious health problems. Let’s discuss the harmful effects of toothpaste and how to avoid them.
Most of the toothpaste contains the following chemicals
1. Sodium Fluoride 2. Triclosan 3. Propylene glycol 4. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
Sodium Fluoride :
If you take more Fluoride that is lead to serious problems for our teeth such as crumbling teeth. And excess Fluoride is actually dangerous for our nervous system and muscles. This had lead to limited joint mobility neurological problems and bone cancer.
Triclosan is the next most dangerous chemical that is lead to creating serious health issues it includes
1.Abnormal endocrine system/thyroid hormone signaling.
2. A weakening of the immune system.
4. Children exposed to antibacterial products at an early age have an increased chance of developing allergies, asthma, and eczema.
5.Uncontrolled cell growth.
Propylene glycol :
1.Irritation and Allergic Reactions 2.Potentially Toxic to the Kidneys and Liver 3. It’s Not Safe for Pregnant women 4.Neurological problems
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate :
1. It is a known skin irritant 2. It pollutes our groundwater 3. It emits toxic fumes when heated
4. It’s an eye irritant 5. The manufacturing process is highly polluting, emitting cancer-causing volatile organic compounds, sulfur compounds, and air particulates.
If you were born in India, you would have seen people chew away at a neem twig. For many years now, a neem twig is what people used as a make-do toothbrush. It fights germs, maintains the alkaline levels in your saliva, keeps bacteria at bay, treats swollen gums and also gives you whiter teeth. The twig also shreds into threads, almost like bristles that also destroy and prevent plaque.
Benefits Of Neem:
1. To prevent and heal gum disease
2. To prevent cavities
3.Removes bacteria that cause gum inflammation
4.Ensures bacteria does not stick to your teeth thereby reducing plaque
5.Enhances mouth immunity in general
6. Freshens the breath like no mouth freshener can ever duplicate.